Throughout the summer months and for volunteers that select the activity package for their experience, AWF coordinators organise several trips during the week for volunteers, which they sign up for based on personal interest. Here is a list of some of the activities that AWF puts on for volunteers, helping groups discover all the magic that Tenerife has to offer.
- Snorkelling in El Puertito to see the resident sea turtles
- Surfing Lessons & Board Rentals
- Go Ape: A high ropes course and zip-line experience
- Hiking in the Laurel Forest of the north of the island
- Exploring the capital city of Santa Cruz
- Kayaking from Los Gigantes to Masca Bay
These are just a few examples of the amazing excursions AWF offers to volunteers.
The foundation provides the transportation to the excursion locations free of charge, and some excursion activities are completely free, while others are charged at a discounted rate for volunteers. Sign up sheets with information will be provided at meetings, so individuals can decide what they want to do during their time at AWF.
Come explore Tenerife with us!